First opened in 1979, Mystic River Homes consists of the Cottages with 46 garden style apartments and the Congregate with 50 apartments. Mystic River Homes, Inc, is a non-profit, non-denominational facility under the direction of an independent Board of Directors. On site management is contracted through Elderly Housing Management, Inc.
We write to ask you to support our non-profit organization this year with a donation to our annual fund raising campaign. Each year the Mystic River Board supports programs for the residents who live there. These programs include cultural, exercise, transportation, and wellness clinics. Without donations from individuals and businesses like you, this would not be possible. These donations help sustain The Mystic River Homes, Inc and benefit the community we serve.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and remember Mystic River Homes Inc. is a 501(c) and all donations are tax exempt.
President of the Board of the Directors
All information concerning donors or prospective donors, including their names, addresses, and telephone numbers, the names of their beneficiaries, the amount of their gift, etc. shall be kept confidential by Mystic River Homes Inc., its staff and volunteers, unless permission is obtained from the donor to release such information. Mystic River Homes Inc. will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
Donors can buy or donate gently used goods that help us do our work with the residents. These include social, educational and recreational items for the residents, outdoor entertainment and gardening items, and office supplies. Our current wish list includes:
Board games/ puzzles; arts & craft supplies; current popular magazines; large print books; simple musical instruments; note cards and stationery; word find and crossword puzzle books; office printer paper; and plants for the window boxes.
Corporate Gift Match/ Matching Gift Companies
A matching monetary gift from your employer can double your financial contribution to Mystic River Homes Inc. A list of some of the companies with matching gift programs is listed below. If you do not find your company’s name on the list, check with your Human Resources department to see if your company offers a matching gift program, as many more do.
- A&E Television Networks (Stamford, CT)
- Aetna Corporation, Hartford, CT
- AIG Matching Grants Program
- Allianz of America, Inc.
- AptarGroup Charitable Foundation
- Aquarion Water Co
- Arch Chemicals, Inc
- Avangrid, Inc.
- Baker Engineering NY, Inc (Rocky Hill, CT)
- Bank of America
- Barnes Group
- Becton Dickinson and Co.
- Benjamin Moore
- Boehringer Ingelheim Corporation
- Brakeley Briscoe, Inc
- Charles Schwab & Co. Inc.
- Chase Manhattan Corporation/JP Morgan
- Citizens Charitable Foundation
- Computer Associates International Inc.
- ConnectiCare, Inc
- Connecticut General Life Insurance Company
- Connecticut Light and Power
- Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation
- Covidien Covidien Employee Matching Gift Program
- Crane Company
- Cummings and Lockwood
- Day Pitney LLP
- Duracell International Inc., Bethel, CT
- Ensign-Bickford Foundation, Simsbury, CT
- Fidelity Foundation
- Gartner Group, Stamford, CT
- GE Foundation
- General Physics (Mystic, CT)
- General Re Corporation
- Genworth Financial
- Grant Thornton – Glastonbury, CT
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc.
- Hartford Steam Boiler
- Hexcel Corporation (CT)
- Home Depot Inc.
- Imagineers LLC
- Ion Bank
- iStar Financial, CT
- John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance
- Joseph E. Seagram & Sons, Inc.
- Kiplinger Foundation
- Liberty Bank
- Lincoln Financial (Hartford, CT)
- Liz Claiborne, CT
- McDonald’s Corporation
- McGraw-Hill Employee Giving
- Meredith Corporation
- Merrill Lynch & Co. (Hartford, CT) Foundation, Inc.
- Metropolitan Financial Corporation
- Microsoft Matching Gifts Program
- Milliman Inc
- Mutual of America – Hartford, CT
- Neiman Marcus Group, Inc.
- Newman’s Own Inc.
- Newtown Savings Bank
- The New York Life Foundation
- Newsweek, Inc.
- Nissan Motor Corp.
- • Nokia Enterprise Solutions – Greenwich, CT
- Norwich Bulletin (Norwich, Connecticut)
- NYLCare Health Plans of Connecticut, Inc
- Oppenheimer Funds
- People’s Bank (Connecticut)
- Permatex, Inc
- Philip Morris Companies
- The Phoenix Companies Inc.
- Pitney Bowes
- Plastiglide (Waterbury, CT)
- PPG Watertown, CT
- The Pratt & Whitney Company Inc.
- Praxair Inc.
- Procter & Gamble
- Prudential Foundation
- Random House
- RBS Card Services (Bridgeport, CT)
- Reid and Riege PC
- Saint Gobain Ceramics Corporation, East Granby, CT
- Southern Connecticut Gas Company
- Sprint Foundation
- Stanley Black and Decker Inc.
- Structural Integrity Associates, Inc- CT
- Subaru Corporation
- Sun Microsytems Inc.
- SYSCO Food Services of Connecticut
- The Pepsi Bottling Group
- Thomson Financial Services
- Time Warner Cable
- UBS Matching Gift Program
- Unilever Matching Gifts Program
- The United Illuminating Company
- United Technologies Inc.
- Verizon Foundation
- W. W. Grainger, Inc.
- Webster Bank
- Wells Fargo
- WFSB-TV, WSHM Hartford, CT
- Wiremold Company
- Xerox Corporation
Your decision to designate Mystic River Homes Inc. as a planned gift beneficiary will create a legacy of safe and affordable housing for elderly folks in southeastern Connecticut. Your future planned gift through a bequest or in your estate plan will assure our ability to continue to provide subsidized housing for adults and those with special needs. We invite you to notify Mystic River Homes Inc. if you have designated a gift to Mystic River Homes Inc. With all charitable gifts, it is important to consult with your attorney or financial advisor to ensure that your wishes are accurately reflected and complies with state and federal guidelines.
There are several options for planned gifts which allow donors to provide for their loved ones and establish a legacy of charitable giving which reflects the donor’s values, interest, and faith.
Bequest: Everyone should have a will, regardless of their age, family circumstances, social or economic status. You can name Mystic River Homes Inc. as a charitable beneficiary in a new will or as a codicil to your existing will.
Life Insurance or Retirement Assets: You can designate Mystic River Homes Inc. as a beneficiary of your life insurance, IRA, pension plan, or other retirement account.
Charitable Gift Annuity: This is a contract between the donor and Mystic River Homes Inc. in which the donor agrees to make a gift to the organization in exchange for a set income stream for life.
Charitable Remainder Trust: Donors of property or money to a Charitable Remainder Trust have the right to receive income from the trust with the principal ultimately benefitting Mystic River Homes Inc.
Gifts of Stock
For donors interested in donating gifts of stock, our brokerage firm is Janney Montgomery Scott in Mystic, Connecticut and our advisor is Fred Leonard, email@example.com or 860-415-8401. Below please find our stock donation form.
Mystic River Homes Inc. is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law. Federal tax ID # 06-0844829